Radiation Licence Application
About this form
This form is used for all licence applications under the Radiation Protection Act 2006. Licences are required for individuals or organisations that use, manufacture, possess, supply, dispose, store, pack or transport a radiation source within the ACT.
Licence application process
- Complete and submit this application form.
- Attach all supporting documentation, such as evidence of individual competence.
- The application will be assessed by the ACT Radiation Council at the next scheduled meeting. The Radiation Council may impose conditions on the licence.
- Once the application is approved a licence certificate will be issued.
- The licence will be valid for one year, and must be renewed annually.
For more information visit the Radiation Safety page.
This form requires you to submit attachments as part of the lodgement process. PDF is the preferred format for these attachments.
- One form of current photographic identification sighted and certified by an authorised witness must be provided. Acceptable forms of photographic identification include driver’s licence, proof of age or identity card issued by a state/territory, passport. A list of authorised witnesses for true and correct copy can be found on the Attorney-General's Department website.
- For company applications a copy of the company’s current extract (issued within the previous 30 days) from the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC). This can be obtained on the ASIC website
- You may also need to provide evidence of your qualification or experience as outlined in the Prerequisites for Radiation Licences.
Payments up to $10,000 can be made with either Visa or MasterCard.
Your personal information
Access Canberra uses this form to collect information which is necessary to allow the ACT Government to provide services to you. Personal Information may be used or disclosed in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2014.