Recycling Discovery Hub Booking
About this form
Use this form to book educational visits to the Recycling Discovery Hub.
Education visits provide an interactive, learning experience and a chance to see what happens to recycling and waste after your kerbside bins are collected.
There are two options for your visit.
- The Recycling Discovery Hub education visit - your group can come to the ACT’s Materials Recovery Facility where all our recycling is sorted. Visitors can see the workings of the facilities through a large observation window, experience working on the sorting line via a virtual reality experience, interact with a hands on recycling exhibition, learn what products recycled materials can make, and discuss recycling with facilitators. Duration: 45 minutes
This is open to all groups of 10 or more people, unless by special prior arrangement.
- The Recycling Discovery Hub and Resource Management Centre extension tour * – your group can extend its time at the hub and take a tour of the Mugga Lane Resource Management Centre. Here, visitors view the landfill, transfer station, reuse facility, landfill gas and leachate ponds. Duration: 1 hour, 30 minutes.
* Note, the tour of the Resource Management Centre is by bus only. Groups arriving in cars are unable to do the extension option.
This is open to all groups of 10 or more people, who are coming in a bus, unless by special prior arrangement.
- Visits are available Monday to Thursday, during the day and in the evening. Fridays may be available on request.
- Visits accommodate a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 25 attendees. (One group of 50 can book at one time if half undertake a tour Resource Management Centre and half visit the Recycling Discovery Hub and then swap.)
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- For safety reasons visits are not available for children under seven (under Year 2).
Your personal information
Access Canberra uses this form to collect information which is necessary to allow the ACT Government to provide services to you. Personal Information may be used or disclosed in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2014.