Application For a Young People's Event in an Adults-Only Area at Licensed Premises
About this form
This form is to be used to apply for approval to hold a young people’s event in an adults-only area of a licensed premises under the Liquor Act 2010 (the Act). You can access the legislation and its regulation at http://www.legislation.act.gov.au/a/2010-35/default.asp. You may also obtain further information and forms at the Access Canberra website.
- Adults-only area is the area determined by the Commissioner to be an adults-only area; in which children and young people may not be in without the supervision of a responsible adult (i.e. parent, guardian or carer).
- Young people’s event information is:
- the name of the event;
- the nature of the event;
- the number of young people expected to attend the event;
- the number of adults employed or engaged to supervise young people at the event; and
- the number of crowd controllers employed to work at the event and what their responsibilities will be.
- Young Person is a person who is older than 12 but not yet an adult.
Young people’s event approval process
- Applications for young people’s events in adults-only areas must be submitted on this form at least 90 days before the event.
- A police certificate (https://afpnationalpolicechecks.converga.com.au/) (issued no more than 3 months before the application) must be attached to the application for every person who is to work (whether paid or volunteer) at the event, regardless of whether this has been provided to the Commissioner previously.
- The Commissioner may request any further information or documentation deemed necessary to decide the application.
- The Commissioner may inspect the premises, within a stated reasonable time. If you do not comply with this request, the Commissioner may refuse to consider the application.
GPO Box 158 Canberra City ACT 2601
Phone: 6207 3000
Payments up to $10,000 can be made with either Visa or MasterCard.
Your personal information
Access Canberra uses this form to collect information which is necessary to allow the ACT Government to provide services to you. Personal Information may be used or disclosed in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2014.